Umbria offers exciting events throughout the year:
Month of January:
• Jazz Winter in Orvieto, jazz festival with international artists
• nativity scenes in Armenzano and Petrignano of Assisi in Greccio, near Rieti
• Musical at Teatro Metastasio on the crib at Greccio by Carlo Tedeschi
• The Gennaiola, road race at the foot of Assisi, a distance of about 13 km
• Absolute Italian Dance Sport Championships at Umbria Fiere Bastia Umbra
• Italian Championship Darts at Umbria Fiere Bastia Umbra
Month of February:
• Carnival Parade in St. Heraclius, in Todi, in Guardea, allegorical floats and theater
• Expo Tecnocom, trade exhibition of furniture and technology solutions, Umbria Fiere
• Cioccolentino, event dedicated to artisan chocolate confectionery and Umbrian pastry which celebrates the patron saint of Terni, Valentine’s Day.
• National Exhibition of black truffle, where stalls are set up for tasting this precious tuber and other local products.
Month of March:
• Carnival Parades in named S. Eraclio, Todi, in Guardea, floats and theatrical performances.
• House Expo, an exhibition of furniture and solutions for the home, Umbria Fiere
• Electronics Expo, Exhibition of technologies and electronic applications, Umbria Fiere,
• Agriumbria, nationwide survey of materials and equipment for agriculture Umbria Fiere Bastia Umbra.
Month of April:
• Celebration of Easter procession of the Cross, the striking of Assisi and Gubbio, Washing of the Feet on Holy Thursday, the Easter Mass.
• Assisi Antiques, exhibition of national importance, at Umbria Fiere
• “Color the Skies”, an international festival of kites and balloons in Castiglione del Lago, to celebrate the theme of peace and solidarity.
Month of May:
• Calendimaggio of Assisi, feast in honor of Spring and medieval recalling of the battle between the two parts of the city, singing, taverns, parades and flag-wavers cheer the tourist.
• The Race of the Candles of Gubbio, the feast in honor of the Patron Saint Ubaldo. The three candles, a symbol of the Umbria region, are carried on the shoulders to the Basilica of Mount Ingino, between the euphoria of all participants.
• Open Cellars, an event in honor of the wine in which some wineries of Montefalco and Bevagna, open their cellars to visit and tasting fine wines as “Sagrantino”, combined with typical Umbrian dishes.
Month of June:
• Tournament of the Quintana in Foligno, a reenactment with parades, taverns, competitions between districts, with renaissance costumes
• Festival of Two Worlds in Spoleto, international cultural event featuring dance, theater, concerts, art exhibitions along the alleys of the city and much more.
• The Market of the Gaite in Bevagna, where they rebuilt the workshops that present the work of the ancient works: the maker, the painter, the ceraiolo, Cartaro, the weaver; in the corners of the country open taverns where you can taste traditional flavors.
• Flower Festival of Spello and Cannara, on the feast of Corpus Christi. It can be seen along the roads, carpets, drawings depicting a religious background, mosaic of many colors all made with dried flowers and chopped; real tapestries.
Month of July:
• Gubbio Summer Festival, a summer festival of theater performances and outdoor concerts at the Roman Amphitheatre; international artists.
• Umbria Jazz, series of concerts and live performances on the streets, in Perugia, with internationally renowned artists.
Month of August:
• Feast of St. Clare and St. Rufino, this patron saint of the city of Assisi; various religious celebrations and in the evening of 12 impressive fireworks display from the Rocca Maggiore in Assisi is seen also from the surrounding countries.
• Day of Pardon of Assisi, where he recalls the promise given by Jesus to Saint Francis that anyone had come to the Portiuncula, confession and taking communion, he would get a plenary indulgence for his sins; solemn religious celebrations.
• Feast of Assumption, with the traditional evening show Focaraccio in S. Maria degli Angeli, where thousands of cards are burned with promises of pilgrims.
Month of September:
• Quintana in Foligno’s Feast, a reenactment with parades, taverns, competitions between districts, with renaissance costumes.
• Onion Festival of Cannara, deeply felt where visitors can taste the typical Umbrian menu onion.
• Porchetta ‘s Feast in Costano, which attracts many people who are passionate about this particular slice of the local cuisine.
Month of October:
• Exhibition of the white truffle of Gubbio, where stalls are set up in the square for the tasting of the precious tuber and other food products crafts
• Montone’s Wood Feast, which has products such as asparagus, berries, chestnuts, and other local food
• Chestnut Festival Preggio, where it is possibile to rediscover the ancient flavors of the old shops rebuilt in the alleys of the village, Castelrigone’s Mansion.
• Chocolate, confectionery festival which is held in Perugia; the streets are crowded with stalls selling many different types of chocolate. Concerts, shows and competitions in the field of chocolate entertain visitors.
Month of November:
• Feast of All Saints, which are held on the occasion of the traditional fairs, including the main one is that of the city of Perugia, where many stalls of local produce, but also antiques, fill the streets and alleys. A big Luna Park is served eg about 15 days in the area of the stadium, a place both day and night for young and old visitors .
• Crusher Open, an event in honor of extra virgin olive oil from Umbria product excellence; you can make free tastings on many farms in the area.
Month of December:
• Feast of the Immaculate Conception, during which you can attend religious celebrations and concerts in Assisi
• Christmas Holidays, with solemn religious celebrations of Christmas and New Year, and the traditional concert earlier this year held at the Upper Basilica of Assisi.